About Wally Kidd
Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, Wally Kidd attended Johns Hopkins University, where he studied behavioral Sciences and played on two NCAA Division 1 National lacrosse championship teams. He moved to Petoskey, Michigan in 1991 with his wife Margy and began work in sales as a Design Manager for Town & Country Cedar Homes. After four years as the company’s top salesperson, he took a job as a Sales Associate working for David V. Johnson at Bay Harbor Properties. After joining the sales staff at Bay Harbor in 1995, he quickly became a top-producing agent and soon took on the position of Director of Sales and Marketing and was later promoted to president of Bay Harbor Properties. Wally moved on to become President of Victor Properties (the developer's parent company) based in Auburn Hills, and in 2003, Wally Kidd partnered to form Kidd & Leavy Real Estate. His love for this region is deep.
The Kidd Family has called Walloon Lake Home for over 100 years and seven generations. A lifetime on Walloon Lake has given Wally a deep appreciation of the beauty that is Northern Michigan. After all, whether it’s Walloon Lake, Bay Harbor, Lake Charlevoix, Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Burt Lake, or Torch Lake, the one element that remains consistent is an undying love for this area that is rich in history and traditions.
Wally, Margy, their children Katie and Tom, and their golden retriever, Champ, are proud to call Walloon Lake home.
History of Success
Finding a real estate agent in Northern Michigan is easy. Finding one who innately understands your property as well as what makes it special and can convey that to a buyer is much more difficult. Wally is capable; ask any of his satisfied clients who have become friends after working with him. Wally is articulate, knowledgeable, and tough, a winning combination in the art of negotiation. No inflated egos or numbers—just the straight facts. And if Wally doesn’t know the answer, you can bet he knows someone who does. Wally has a full-time assistant, Lauren Butwell, not to mention the full weight of the Kidd & Leavy brokerage support staff behind him. No task is too big or too small for his clients.
Volunteer Work & Community Involvement
- 2012–present: Walloon Lake Trust Long-Range Planning Committee Member
- 2009–present: Walloon Lake Land Preservation Committee Member
- 2007–2015: Bay Harbor Yacht Club Membership Committee
- 2005–present: Petoskey Lacrosse Team Founder and Coach
- 2005–2011: St. Francis Xavier School Advisory Committee Member and President
- 2005–2006: Walloon Lake Trust/Celebrate Walloon Co-Chairperson
- 1999: Walloon Lake Trust/Walloon Lake Fundraising Chairperson
- 1997: Bay Harbor Yacht Club Founding Member
- 1995: Walloon Lake Fundraising Chairperson
Business Experience & Personal History
- 2003–present: Partner and Co-Owner, Kidd & Leavy Real Estate, Northern Michigan's #1 Real Estate Company
- 2001–2003: President, Victor Properties
- 1999–2001: President, Bay Harbor Properties
- 1998: Director of Sales and Marketing, Bay Harbor
- 1995–2003: Bay Harbor Sales Staff
- 1991–1995: Town & Country Cedar Homes, Design Manager
- 1979–1982: John Hopkins University
- 1979, 1980: NCAA Division 1 National Champion: Lacrosse